Bull Run Hunter Series
Click here to see info for our 2nd show on August 19th - 3:00pm
Locust Hill Farm - 9427 Oak Park Road, Locust Dale, VA 22948
Directions - From Culpeper: Route 15 South to Locust Dale. Right on Oak Park Road. 2nd driveway on Right.
Directions - From Gordonsville: Route 15 North thru the Town of Orange to Locust Dale. Left on Oak Park Road. 2nd driveway on Right.
*VHSA Associate Member Event
+BHSA Member Event
$17 Per Class Pre Entries -$15 Per Class Due by 9:00 PM Wednesday 7/27
Fax: 540.301.3619 or email@example.com
Ring open for schooling from 7:00-8:30
- Low/Schooling Hunter: Open to horses and ponies. No restrictions on riders. Low Hunter to jump 2’, Schooling Hunter to jump 2’6”.
- 1. Low/Schooling Hunter-Over Fences (2’, 2’6”)
- 2. Low/Schooling Hunter-Over Fences (2’, 2’6”)
- 3. Low/Schooling Hunter-Under Saddle
- 4. VHSA/BHSA Child/Adult Eq. Fences 2’6” or 3’
- Children's/Adult Hunter: Open to juniors or adult amateurs on horses. Fences 2’6” or 3’.
- *+5. Children’s/Adult-Over Fences
- *+6. Children’s/Adult-Over Fences
- *+7. Children’s/Adult-Under Saddle
- Thoroughbred Hunter: Open to horses registered with The Jockey Club or eligible to be registered. Fences 2’6”
- *+8. TB Hunter-Over Fences (2’6”)
- *+9. TB Hunter-Over Fences (2’6”)
- *+10. TB Hunter-Under Saddle
- Working Hunter: Open to all riders & horses. Fences 3’.
- *+11. Working Hunter-Over Fences (3’)
- *+12. Working Hunter-Over Fences (3’)
- *+13. Working Hunter-Under Saddle
- *+14. VHSA/BHSA Eq. on the Flat (Will Split if entries warrant)
- Pleasure Horse: Open to horses ridden by juniors or adults. Judge on performance and soundness with emphasis on manners and suitability.
- *+15. Junior/Adult Pleasure Horse-Walk Trot
- *+16. Junior/Adult Pleasure Horse-GAYP *+17. Junior/Adult Pleasure Horse-Under Saddle
Schooling/Lunch Break Class 18 not to start before 12:00!
- Leadline: Open to riders 7 years of age and under as of Dec 1st of current show year. Riders not allowed to cross enter into any class where they would be asked to trot.
- +18. Leadline-50% Rider, 50% Pony (BHSA)
- Pleasure Pony: Open to ponies ridden by juniors. Judged on performance and soundness with emphasis on manners & suitability.
- *+19. Pleasure Pony-Walk/Trot
- *+20. Pleasure Pony-Go As You Please
- *+21. Pleasure Pony-Walk/Trot/Canter
- Pony Equitation: Open to ponies ridden by juniors. At least ¼ of class to return for the flat.
- *+22. VHSA/BHSA Associate Pony Equitation
- Pony Hunter: Open to ponies not exceeding 14.2 hands, ridden by juniors. Small (2’) Medium (2’3”) Large (2’6”)
- *+23. Pony Hunter-Over Fences (2’, 2’3”, 2’6”)
- *+24. Pony Hunter-Over Fences (2’, 2’3”, 2’6”)
- *+25. Pony Hunter-Under Saddle
- Pre Short Stirrup Equitation: Open to riders 10 & under, may only cross enter any class that canters or jumps.
- +26. Pre Short Stirrup Eq.- Walk
- +27. Pre Short Stirrup Eq. -Walk/Trot
- +28. Pre Short Stirrup Eq. -Walk/Trot/Obstacles
- Short Stirrup Equitation: Open to riders 12 years of age & under. Riders not allowed to cross enter into classes where they would jump over 18”.
- +29. Short Stirrup Eq. - Walk/Trot
- +30. Short Stirrup Eq. - Walk/Trot/Canter
- +31. Short Stirrup Eq - Over Fences (18”)
Not Before 2:00 PM - 15 Minute Schooling Break if time Permits
- Restricted Hunter: Open to horses & ponies. No restrictions on riders. May not cross enter any division where required to jump 2’6” or higher.
- 32. Restricted Hunter-Over Fences (2’)
33. Restricted Hunter-Over Fences (2’)
34. Restricted Hunter-Under Saddle
- There will be six ribbons in each class. Champion &Reserve Ribbons & Prizes.
- The Judges Decision is final.
- Points awarded as follows: 1st-10 2nd-6, 3rd-4, 4th-2, 5th-1, 6th-1/2
- Approved Hats required when mounted.
- The show manager has the right to split, combine or cancel any division if there aren't sufficient entries.
- A negative coggins within 12 months must be presented in order to show. Please bring a copy.
- All dogs must be on a leash.
- A $35 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- All classes are governed by the rules/specifications set by the VHSA/BHSA rule books.
- The Bull Run Hunt, Locust Hill Farm, any officials, employees, or board of directors, will not be held responsible for any accident or loss which may occur to any exhibitor, spectator, groom, or animal on the show grounds. Participants & spectators understand that horses are inherently unpredictable, dangerous, & equipment & grounds conditions are equally unpredictable; yet individuals knowingly choose to participate and/or spectate, taking total responsibility for this decision. Entry into the show grounds constitutes knowledge & agreement with this policy.